Thursday, April 30, 2009
This afternoon I realized that we had not taken any pictures this week and definitely none of me. So I grabbed the kids and went out into the backyard for some photo opps. These two are my favorites, I could not seem to choose between them! Please excuse the goofy faces we were being totally silly! Oh and you gotta love how excited my son looks! lol
To join in on the 52 Weeks challenge or just to see some awesome photos visit Forever in Blue Jeans.
Now on to the questions and of course my answers!
1. What color is your front door?
White and it seriously needs to be repainted so we are thinking of going with red!
2. We discussed our folks in previous TT so now tell me about your siblings.
I have three brothers ages 40, 19 and 12. I also have three sisters ages 38, 26 and 8. My oldest sister passed away in 2006 and she is truly missed!
3. What color/type butterfly is your favorite?
4. Will you be celebrating Cinco De Mayo?
5. Oprah- love her, hate her, or don't care?
Don't care I think she is kinda annoying to be honest!
6. Are you worried about the spread of swine flu?
Yes I am a bit nervous now that it has invaded the town we live in........
7. Hard or soft pillows?
In the middle
8. How many trees are in your neighbor's yard?
I have no idea and which neighbor! lol
9. What was the color of the last car you saw?
10. When does your driver's license expire?
11. Look at the clock on your computer and type the numbers backwards.
12. When you put your pants on, what leg do you put in first?
My left ;)
13. How would you respond to the letter below if you were an advice columnist.
"I am an ugly woman. I was an ugly baby and child even! It is a fact. I am 36 now and I have never had a boyfriend, and I am still a virgin. Due to me not having men in my life, I have poured everything I have in to education and my career. At 36 I am the youngest (and first female CEO) at a big, successful, tech company. I have over 200 personal patents and millions of pounds in investments. I have everything: huge house, holiday villa in Spain, 3 cars, power boat, a race horse, etc. but as much I try to talk myself into everything being “great” I cannot help but to miss that special someone to share it all with. Most of my friends are married with kids and I feel like I am gradually drifting away from them also. Where can I find someone to marry an ugly woman?"
I would let her know that calling herself ugly whether or not it is true is not doing her any justice. That she needs to look at the positives in her life and be happy for who and what she is because only then will she find someone to love her. No one wants to be with a person that thinks badly of themselves. She needs to spend more time socializing and putting herself out there and maybe less on her career. Maybe she might think of hiring a matchmaker!
For more Thursday Thunkers please visit here!
The birthday girls, Princess and Hannah!
This is a picture that makes me LOL! it's of my dad (in the middle) , my kiddos and Hannah (my little sister)! If you would like to join in the fun and tell the back story to your Wordless Wednesday post or just to read the stories behind others photos please visit Tell Me Thursday!
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
And lastly and my personal favorite!!!
And you also find out interesting things when you have sons, like...
1.) A king size water bed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep.
2.) If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.
3.) A 3-year old Boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.
4.) If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound Boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20x20 ft. room.
5.) You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.
6.) The glass in windows (even double-pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.
7.) When you hear the toilet flush and the words 'uh oh', it's already too late.
8.) Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.
9.) A six-year old Boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year old Man says they can only do it in the movies.
10.) Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4-year old Boy.
11.) Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.
12.) Super glue is forever.
13.) No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.
14.) Pool filters do not like Jell-O.
15.) VCR's do not eject 'PB & J' sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.
16.) Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.
17.) Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.
18.) You probably DO NOT want to know what that odor is.
19.) Always look in the oven before you turn it on plastic toys do not like ovens.
20.) The fire department in Austin , TX has a 5-minute response time.
21.) The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.
22.) It will, however, make cats dizzy.
23.) Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.
24.) 80% of Women will pass this on to almost all of their friends, with or without kids.
25.) 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.
Please visit Mary @ Work of the Poet for more Ruby Tuesday participants!
Monday, April 27, 2009
- Paint with your feet
- Play I spy or 20 Question's
- Jump on and down on bubble wrap
- Do a crossword puzzle together (if they are old enough) and you do the writing.
- Play Domino's the pieces just fit well enough for her to hold them, with her casts on.
- We discovered she could eat Popsicles if we put latex gloves over her hands and casts, thanks Bubble!
- Once they are feeling better take them to the museum or ask customer service if they have a wheelchair you can use (my friend Amber gave me this idea!). One plus to the wheel chair it keeps them in one place! lol
- We used the glove idea again for when we had Watermelon this weekend, although you could use plastic bags (she just did not like them). Oh and we washed the gloves first to take away that icky taste.
Sunday, April 26, 2009
My friend Lisa at Under The Laundry Heap recently lost a dear friend to Breast Cancer and in Michelle's honor she will be participating in the Breast Cancer 3 Day.
Here is a little bit of what Lisa has to say:
"I am walking in honor of my dear friend Michelle, who lost her battle with breast cancer on April 3, 2009, at the age of 37. I am walking for my sisters and my nieces. I am walking for my mother and my aunts. I am walking for my girlfriends and their daughters. I am walking for my sons and my husband. I am walking for the 1 in 8 women who will be diagnosed with breast cancer. I walk, because I can not walk away."
I ask you to please visit her at Under The Laundry Heap and if you can, please donate and I ask that you send others her way, so they can donate too! Also a few words of encouragement, I am sure would go a long way! :)
The rules are:
1. Mention the person that tagged you.
2. Complete the lists of 8's.
3. Tag 8 other bloggers
4. Tell them that they have been tagged.
- Cameron's birthday next week
- The summer and all the fun we will have!
- Jeremy's leg being totally healed
- Finally having the garage cleaned out
- Getting all the laundry done
- Seeing if my flowers grow
- Princesses play this next week @ school
- The 4th of July!
8 Things I Did Yesterday
- I did 3 loads of dishes by hand since the dishwasher is still broken.
- I went to the grocery store.
- I blogged, blogged and did more blogging.
- I did a few loads of laundry.
- I worked on my garden. :)
- I organized the crafts stuff in the garage.
- I messed around on the mommy forum.
- and finally I went to bed! It was an easy day! lol
8 Things I Wish I Could Do
- I wish I could keep plants alive.
- I wish I could stay focused.
- I wish I could get more accomplished everyday.
- I wish I could paint.
- I wish I could be more motivated about working out.
- I wish I could take the kids to Disneyland!
- I wish I could manage to find a job that I love.
- I wish I could just get it done already!
8 Shows I Watch
- Big Love
- True Blood
- American Idol
- Dancing With The Stars
- Surviving Suburbia
- Table for 12
This week's Meme was originally posted by Miranda @ The Times of Miranda!
The Mud Meme
1. What are your current obsessions?
Sugar snap peas
2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often?
My favorite pair of jeans
3. What's for dinner?
Italian Chicken, Sugar snap peas and Rice!
4. Last thing you bought?
Toilet paper, oh wow that is exciting! lol
5. What are you listening to?
The freaking History channel
6. If you were a god/goddess who would you be?
Isis, Egyptian Goddess of Magic and Giver of Life
7. Favorite holiday spots?
Home, home and home
8. Reading right now?
Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth
9. 4 words to describe yourself.
Intense, loyal, loving and stubborn
10. Guilty pleasure?
Hummmmm currently it's Vh1's Tough Love show!
11. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak?
Jeremy always does this too me! I love it! :)
12. Planning to travel to next?
Nope no travel plans here at least not anywhere far away.
13. Best thing you ate or drank lately?
Dinner was AWESOME!!
14. When did you last get tipsy?
OMG last night and I paid for it all day long!!
15. Care to share some wisdom?
Do not drink to much it's dangerous and you feel terrible the next day!
If you want to read more about the meme or join in the fun please visit Sunday Stealing
Saturday, April 25, 2009
For more photos and this week's PhotoHunt check out: tnchick.com
We have switched to a multivitamin with more Vitamin D (at least 200mg is what the doctor recommended) and we plan to spend lots more time outside. My kids are not big milk drinkers or I would increase their milk intake as well. Princess has another appointment for more blood tests in a month to see if the increased Vitamin D is making a difference. I will update again then, in the meantime I hope you all stay safe!
1. If you could have just one more conversation with a person from your past, who would it be?
2. Do your friends tend to be male or female?
Usually female.........at least lately. lol
3. What is in your car’s trunk?
Hummm the spare tire, the kids kites, our big picnic blanket, a deck of cards and a bag of stuff that I need to return to Walmart.
4. What was the last CD that you purchased?
It was so long ago I have absolutely no idea!
5. What is your favorite movie and why?
I really have so many favorites so I will go with Zach and Miri Make a Porno since it is my current favorite! I love this movie cause imo it is freaking hilarious! It is not for the prudish or squeamish types at ALL though so if you get easily offended do not even go there!
6. If you could wake up with a new talent tomorrow, what would it be?
I would love to be able to draw and paint beautifully!
7. What is your favorite day of the week and why?
Probably Wednesday because it is hump day and it is usually a kick back day.
8. What are you wearing when you feel you’re at your best?
My comfy PJ's :)
9. When was the last time you cried?
A few days ago when the realness of Princesses broken wrists hit me.
For more Saturday 9 participants click here
Friday, April 24, 2009
After watching the show the first time back in December, I had to blog about it because it was just such a touching story. Jamie Parks actually read my blog and left me a comment, I thought that was the coolest thing ever! Long story short we are now friends on Facebook and yesterday I saw on his status that Marathon Love is finally available for purchase on DVD!!
So if you would like to purchase a copy of Marathon Love on DVD please visit Lynjame.com, $5.00 of each sale will be going to the Midwest Brain Injury Clubhouse.
1. Apparently there's some sort of alternate universe here!
2. I LOVE a sunny day.
3. 2009 has been full of excitement so far.
4. BAM and that was it.
5. For too long I've been overlooking the big things that are just out of reach.
6. I am not obsessed with Facebook; I am not! LOL
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a nice quiet evening with the family, tomorrow my plans include taking the kids to the Botanical Gardens and Sunday, I want to try to work on the backyard if the freaking weather works with me!
For more Friday Fill-Ins participants click here
Thursday, April 23, 2009
This is my very first week in the 52 Weeks challenge and I am so excited that I found this meme! I am definitely the one always behind the camera and since I have weight to lose I am not always happy to be in the picture. I hope that this will help be more motivated to be in the pictures! :)
Spunky, Princess and I @ Spunky's school danceTo join in on the 52 Weeks challenge or just to see some awesome photos visit Forever in Blue Jeans.
A few more pictures from that night and the original WW post:If you would like to join in the fun and tell the back story to your Wordless Wednesday post or just to read the stories behind others photos please visit Tell Me Thursday!
Now on to the questions and of course my answers!
1. If you could sky write anything you wanted, what would it be?
2. Did you get drunk at your prom?
3. What is your favorite spice to use cooking?
Garlic Powder would have to be my favorite spice!
4. What color is your roof?
Uhmmm let me go look.............................it's brown.
5. In a land far, far away I am the ruler of the universe!
6. In the Miss USA pageant, Miss California was asked; "Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?" and her answer was; "Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. Um, we live in a land that you can choose same sex marriage or opposite marriage and, you know what, in my country and in, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," Carrie said to a mix of boos and applause. "No offense to anybody out there. But that's how I was raised and that's how I think that it should be between a man and a woman."
Do you think that cost her the crown?
I think it was a crap answer, but no I do not think it cost her the crown!
7. Do you watch Miss USA/Miss America pageants?
When I was a kid and lived at home we watched the pageants every year. Since I moved out on my own I have only watched them a handful of times. I actually watched last year's Miss America pageant, but not this year's.
8. Have you ever driven/ridden on a tractor?
I have ridden on a tractor, but not driven one. I think it would be awesome to drive a tractor!
9. For the parents - what cartoon/children show did your child watch obsessively?
Let's see we will go with when they were around 3-4 years old:
Cameron - Bob the Builder and Dora the Explorer
Princess - Dora the Explorer and sadly the Teletubbies
Spunky - Clifford and The Backyardigans
T-man - Transformers and Ben 10 Alien Force
10. If I set a level on your living room floor - would it show that it was level?
I think so.....gosh I would hope so!
11. What was the last restaurant you ate at?
Sit down - Chuy's; Fast food - Taco Bell
This month it is Sith Dooku on our Star Wars Clone Wars calendar.
13. Are you superstitious?
Depends, so I guess that would be a yes.
14. If I get into your car and turn on the radio - what type of radio station will I hear?
My favorite stations play all the hits!
15. Would you rather wake up with a snake in your bed or a lizard?
What a choice, I am gonna go with the Lizard although I have no idea why.
16. Do you think schools have changed at all since the Columbine tragedy 10 years ago?
I think in some ways they have changed.
In what ways?
I am only speaking for the schools that I am familiar with, they pay more attention to who is coming and going and they have installed cameras throughout the school.
For more Thursday Thunkers please visit here!
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Here's how you can get involved:
- Donate or join EDN, help fight global warming, support Earth Day and our other programs
- Register your organization and network with our other partners
- Get active with Earth Day Network. Visit our Volunteer Center
- Register with the EDN's Educators Network and enjoy free curriculum, contests and other activities
1. Slow the Flow
A faucet leaking just one drop per second wastes over 1,300 gallons per year! A leak from a hot water source wastes both water and fossil fuel, creating more greenhouse gasses. Most repairs to plumbing fixtures pay for themselves within just a year. Fix it!
2. Think Green When You Clean
Cleaning products that contain chlorine or petroleum distillates expose your family to toxins and then end up in the ecosystem. Choose nontoxic, naturally derived cleaning products, which are proven effective but won’t cause long term damage to the Earth.
3. Choose Both Sides
Every year, pulp mills release over one trillion gallons of chlorine-tainted water as part of the paper making process. Using the other side of the paper can cut that pollution almost in half! And choose recycled paper—especially processed-chlorine-free recycled paper.
4. 'Green' Your Machine
Americans waste over 700 million gallons of gasoline each year just because tires aren’t properly inflated. Millions more are wasted because our vehicles aren’t properly tuned up. Keep your machine running ‘Green!’ You’ll save money and reduce emissions!
5. Meat Less for Dinner
Once a week, plan a meat alternative for dinner. Enjoy pasta with a marinara or Alfredo sauce, meatless chili burritos, or even grilled veggie burgers! Reducing meat consumption conserves fresh water, saves topsoil, and even reduces air pollution!
6. Walk, Hike, Ride a Bike
If people in the U.S. would occasionally ride a bike for a short errand instead of driving a car, over 70 million gallons of fuel could be saved each year! And there’s the added benefit of enjoying the fresh air and exercise! For short errands, take a hike!
7. Plant a Tree Every Earth Day!
Over a 50-year lifetime, a tree generates $31,250 worth of oxygen, provides $62,000 worth of air pollution control, recycles $37,500 worth of water, and controls $31,250 worth of soil erosion. It also provides shade that keeps homes and cities cooler!
8. Give Weeds a 'Hand'
Herbicides aren’t the only way to control weeds, and they’re certainly not the most environment-friendly way! Invest in a good pair of gloves and garden tools, and remove weeds by hand. Also, choose natural alternatives to pesticides for getting rid of pests!
9. Lighten Your Energy Bill
There’s a brighter way to light your home: new Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs). Compared to regular bulbs, CFLs last 10 times longer, use only 1/4 the energy and pro-duce 90% less heat—yet they produce more light per watt! Brighten the future: go CFL!
10. Reduce, Reuse Recycle
It’s more than just a slogan. You can start making the world a ‘greener’ place today: return hangers to the cleaners, donate clothing and computers to charities, pack lunches in reusable containers instead of bags, there are hundreds of easy things to do! It’s up to you!l
I found these ideas over at Rustle The Leaf!
Tomorrow it will be a week since she broke her wrists and she is feeling SO much better I cannot even begin to tell you. Her pain is now almost none and the only time she really needs any Tylenol is after school. Speaking of school she started back Monday after she had her blood drawn, so that we can find out if she has a Vitamin D deficiency since this is not the first time she has broken her wrists or if it is just a case of bad luck.
You would think one of the adults in the lunchroom would just offer to carry it for her right?
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
We had a really hard time finding a doctor to see her since the ER doctor did not refer us to a doctor that accepted our insurance. So Thursday (the day after the injury) I spent about 3hrs on the telephone and called I think 15 different doctor's offices trying to get someone to see her by Friday. All I got from most of them was "Were you referred to us?", "If we were not on call that day we will not be able to see her.", "What hospital did you go to?", "I suggest you go back to the ER and have them refer you to someone who takes your insurance!".
I was really starting to get pissy when I finally came across a receptionist who was willing to talk to the doctor to see if he would make an exception. Which he did thank god and turns out it was the same doctor she saw the first time she broke her wrists! What a odd coincidence it was too cool. He looked her and the xrays over let us know it was not anywhere near as serious as last time and that we could come back in four weeks to have the casts taken off. He suggested we have her tested for Vitamin D deficiency since this is not the first break and so we had that blood test done Monday (still waiting on results).
Now you see I did not bring the camera to the appointment against my better judgment and so I was not able to get any pictures of them putting her casts on. What that means you see is as soon as we got home I had to take lots o' pictures. lol