expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday Morning Meme

Hi all, another week is just beginning and it is time for yet another weekly installment of the Monday Morning MeMe!! Karen asks the questions(in blue) and my answers follow(in black)!

1. How has the economic downturn affected your spending?
It has not really not affected our spending much mainly because we already try to live within our means and not overspend. We are also one of those families that already lives pay check to pay check so it has not been much of a change for us.

Please share with us the lessons you’ve learned from this economic downturn.
I have learned that we are all people just trying to get by and make it in this world.

Since my children have never been able to experience extracurricular sports, gymnastics etc. I have always been sad to say a bit jealous of my friends who's children are able to participate in all those extracurricular activities. Now, I am watching those same friends have to give up those certain things and how it affects their family. I am realizing that we are all just trying to do the best with what we have. It really has taught me to be thankful for what we have and not dwell on what we do not have!

Tell us about one positive experience that has happened to you as a result of this economic disaster.
We have decided that we are finally going to plant a garden in the backyard so that we can start to be more self sufficient. We are going to grow our own Tomatoes, Jalapenos, Strawberries and Cilantro to start off. :)

2. What is your opinion on the death penalty? Let’s say the person is a serial killer and has admitted his/her guilt, and it is your job to sentence that person. Could you give that person the death penalty?
In the above stated situation I would have no problem giving that person the death penalty! I think in certain situations the death penalty is the right thing to do. Why would we want to pay to keep someone like that alive?

Why or why not?
I just do not see the point in using the time and resources to keep someone alive that has committed such horrendous crimes that they would have been sentenced to death!

3. List five things you want your children to know before they grow up.

1) Family is important, spend time with the ones you love they will not be here forever.

2) Love yourself because you are the most important.

3) That relationships take work and real people do fight sometimes, but that it is ok! (As long as no violence obviously)

4) Knowledge is power, pay attention to your studies!

5) I want them to know how much I love them!

4. You are given the power to kill people simply by thinking of their deaths and twice repeating the word “goodbye.” People would die a natural death and no one would suspect you. Are there any situations in which you would use this power?
No, I would not use the power. I cannot say that I would not be tempted to use it in the event that someone killed, sexual abused or seriously injured a friend or family member. I think that would be a very dangerous power to have.

For more Monday Morning Meme participants click here!