1 pckg cooked and diced bacon
5 large golden yukon potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cups chicken broth
1 can creamed corn
3 ears of sweet corn, kernels removed from the cobs (about 2 cups)
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
4 cups half-and-half
Place the bacon in a large pot over medium-high heat, and cook until crisp. Drain and crumble, reserving about 2 tablespoons drippings in the pot.
Mix potatoes and onion into the pot with the crumbled bacon and reserved drippings. Cook and stir 5 minutes. Pour in the chicken stock, and stir in corn. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover pot. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until potatoes are tender.
Warm the half-and-half in a small saucepan until it bubbles. Remove from heat before it boils, and mix into the chowder just before serving.
My boys are serious meat eaters, so we served it with the option of adding diced ham as well as some cheddar cheese! Cause in our house cheese makes everything better! :)
Friday, February 24, 2012
Hi all, another week is almost over and it is time for yet another weekly installment of Friday Fill-Ins! Janet asks the questions and my answers are underlined.
1. Finally, I have mastered the art of Banana Pudding!
2. Controlling your portion sizes sure takes some getting used to!
3. Dad says: "Come here so I can eat your toes" and "We are having frog stew with fly souffle for dinner tonight".
4. Aubba Rue is my favorite nickname for Spunky!
5. It took a long time, but think I may have finally figured out how to consistently lose weight!
6. My children get more and more challenging, interesting and annoying as time goes on, though I wouldn't have it any other way.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a nice quiet evening with the kiddos, tomorrow my plans include the Marathon Kids closing ceremonies and Sunday, I want to pick up Spunky from her camping trip and then it's time for us to clean this house!
For more Friday Fill-Ins participants click here!