expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, April 27, 2009

Fun with Broken Arms

The motivation for this post is of course Princess and her broken wrists. She was so sad the first few days when she was not able to use her fingers because of the splints. So these are some things we figured out she could do before and after she got her casts. I am sure I will be adding more to this list and if you have any ideas please add them! :)
  • Paint with your feet
  • Play I spy or 20 Question's
  • Jump on and down on bubble wrap
  • Do a crossword puzzle together (if they are old enough) and you do the writing.
  • Play Domino's the pieces just fit well enough for her to hold them, with her casts on.
  • We discovered she could eat Popsicles if we put latex gloves over her hands and casts, thanks Bubble!
  • Once they are feeling better take them to the museum or ask customer service if they have a wheelchair you can use (my friend Amber gave me this idea!). One plus to the wheel chair it keeps them in one place! lol
  • We used the glove idea again for when we had Watermelon this weekend, although you could use plastic bags (she just did not like them). Oh and we washed the gloves first to take away that icky taste.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture and the tips!
    I'm new at this blogging thing!! Would you help me out and look at my blog and offer suggestions?

    http://www.karenmarzo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete