The boy has been taking a foreign language class at school this year. They have been learning Spanish, French, German and I think that may be all I am not really sure! lol Right now they are studying German which I think is really neat.
His latest assignment due today is for him to find an Austrian main dish recipe and write it down to bring to class. Also if they cook the dish and bring it to class than the teacher will replace their worst test grade with a 100! So the boy just had to do it even though he does awesome in that class, below you will find the recipe he decided to go with. It was really easy and it is super yummy!
* 1 large onion
* 1 tablespoon paprika
* 5 Potatoes (chopped into chunks)
* 3/4 garlic clove
* 2 small chopped Tomato's
* 1 teaspoon vinegar
* 1 beef stock cube or vegetable stock cube
* Caraway seed
**We added 1pckg of Smoked Sausage to the recipe cut into small cubes**
1. Brown the onions in oil.
2. Add paprika to the onions (add as much as you like depending on how spicy you want it to be). Let it melt into the centre of the onions before stirring it inches.
3. Add potatoes to the onions and turn up the heat to cook them.
4. Add the garlic.
5. Add the tomatoes and sausage.
6. Add the vinegar.
7. Add a sprinkling of Marjoram and Caraway Seeds.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Leave simmering on a low heat for at least 1 and a half hours. Just until the potatoes are soft and the liquid has become quite thick and heavy.
The boy found the recipe here at Recipezaar if you would like to check it out!