expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, November 17, 2008

Give Me Five Monday Meme #41

This week's topic for Give Me Five Monday is:

"Give Me Five staples on your grocery list besides milk, bread and eggs."

1. Fresh or Canned Jalapenos: for the boys! lol


2. Frozen Burritos: as bad as they are we have them as snacks often with salsa and cheese.



3. Bananas: cause the girls love them and can never get enough.


4. Canned beans: all of the kiddos love beans and they are a great source of protein and cheap.


5. Cottage cheese: this is a big one in our house. The kids have it as a snack regularly with fruit, tomatoes or just salt and pepper.

For more Give Me Five Monday participants check out BeccA's Buzz!

6 comments:

  1. good list of yummy stuff...and healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I wish I could get my kiddos to eat more beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure I could get my boys to eat beans more often, but I haven't put any effort into finding something they both like. Experimenting with new foods is kinda tough with kids, right? They do like Lentil Chili though...
    Both of my boys don't do spicy, though I wish they did, it gets kind of boring not adding spices to my food while cooking.
    I can't get either of my boys to eat Cottage Cheese for the life of me. Lucky You!
    Great list, very healthy! And trust me, a little bit of unhealthy food goes a long way in the list of amazingly healthy things we pack our kids full of. Sometimes they need that break that tells them it's ok :oD
    Have a Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know this is a great list actually! I love beans too, refried beans as well. How could I have forgotten cottage cheese? We especially love it with chunk pineapple but it's yummy regardless!
    Happy GM5!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your list looks delicious - it's making me very, very hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your things sound yum.

    When I was expecting child #8, I had to have pickled jalapenos, like a side dish, with my dinner. :P

    Of course with child #7, I had to have chocolate, so she turned out to be my biggest newborn!

    ReplyDelete