expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, November 15, 2008

PhotoHunt: Ruin(ed)

This weeks theme for PhotoHunt is Ruin(ed) so I decided to use these photos of our old RV Park in Ruidoso, NM after the flood this year. My parents owned this RV Park 96'-04' my little brother pretty much grew up there so to see it in this much disarray was hard for me.

I cannot take credit for these pictures they were taken by residents in Ruidoso during the flood that took place earlier this year after Hurricane Gustave in August.
For more photos and this week's PhotoHunt check out: tnchick.com

5 comments:

  1. A unique take on the theme. Many of the ruins I've seen today are ruined by time (old age) but this is the first I've seen with water.

    Hope you have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY SHIT! Love the pics, although they are very sad, knowing so many lost so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch. We're still stinging from our major floods two years ago. Floods= LOTS of ruin.

    I did Photo Hunt today, too. I hope you get a chance to visit and leave your link!
    http://newyorktraveler.net/photo-hunters-ruined/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shot especially for this time of the year. It is flooding up here in the NW and they definitely do ruin a lot. Good post for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's too bad it was ruined. You have memories there. I hope it can be fixed.

    ReplyDelete