expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, November 9, 2007

Cooking is for the birds!

Ok so I suck at cooking I will freely admit it, but I am beginning to want to do something about it! So I have gone out an bought myself a 6quart crock pot and joined a crock pot recipes yahoo message group! I figure what better than learning a bunch of easy recipes that you put together and walk away from for the day to come back to an awesome meal!

I am so excited so far I have made a roast and bbq sandwiches from our leftover brisket, but those are both things I have done before. Starting tomorrow I will begin making things I have never made before soooo wish me luck that both I and the kids will eat it! hehehe

So here are a few of the recipes I am gonna start with this weekend:

Sweet and Sour Meatballs:
1 Jar Heinz Chili Sauce
1/2 cup Maple Syrup
6-10 dashes of Soy sauce
Pinch of pepper
Pinch chili powder
and of course the pre-made meatballs cause I am all about convenience! lol

Add all the ingredients to the crock pot, stir and heat on low for 3-4 hrs. Stir occasionally to mix flavors together to full potential!

I also have this meatball recipe not sure which one I will use tomorrow I would LOVE advice and suggestions!

Sweet and Sour Meatballs:
14oz Ketchup
1 Jar Grape Jelly
12oz Jar Heinz Chili Sauce
and of course the pre-made meatballs cause I am all about convenience! lol

Add all the ingredients to the crock pot, stir and heat on low for 3-4 hrs. Stir occasionally to mix flavors together to full potential!

Polish Cabbage Rolls:
1 Green cabbage
1 lb. Ground beef, browned
1/4 c. Uncooked rice
1 Egg
1 Onion, minced
1 Carrot, minced
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1/4 c. Cider vinegar
1/2 c. Brown sugar
8 oz. Canned Tomato Sauce

Mix ground beef, rice, egg, onion, carrot, salt and pepper. Mix together vinegar, brown sugar, and tomato sauce. Drop cabbage in boiling water for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove 10 large leaves. Chop remaining cabbage. Place in bottom of crock pot. Place 2 to 4tablespoons of meat mixture in center of each leaf. Roll up and use toothpick to hold. Place stem side down in crock pot. Pour on tomato mixture. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Serves 6 to 8.

So wish me luck! :)