expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday Movie Meme

This week's movie topic is all about Subtitles......

"Carleen @ Life, Liberty & Good Coffee recently suggested the topic of subtitles. We aim to please here at the Monday Movie Meme so here you go Carleen! We don't watch a lot of foreign films. Part of the reason is that Molly grew up with a Dad who liked to read the words on the screen out loud which got old really fast. But the bigger reason is that it takes a while to adjust to skimming the words while trying not to miss out on any of the images - so maybe having Dad narrate wasn't such a bad idea after all. It makes watching movies feel like work sometimes, but of the few we have seen, they have been worth the effort. Share some of the subtitles worth reading on your blog and link back here at The Bumbles. And don't forget to visit your fellow participants!"

1. Like Water for Chocolate ~ I LOVE this movie, it has a special place in my heart. It is so sensual and a what a love story.

2. Traffic ~ Sad, but worth the watch....

3. The Last Samurai ~ This is an awesome movie in general!

4. Dances with Wolves ~ Who doesn't love this movie?

If you want to read more about the meme or join in the fun please visit The Bumbles Blog!

5 comments:

  1. Traffic is such a good movie. As you said, a sad one, but worth watching. I really liked The Last Samurai too. Haven't thought about that one in a long while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dances with the Wolves...

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post--and I discovered I have watched two more "films with subtitles"--Dances With Wolves, and the Last Samurai. Both were excellent. my Monday movie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because I read the book and saw the film after, I was really disappointed in Like water for Chocolate. The book is fantastic!

    I didn't think about Dances with Wolves and The Last Samurai, both of which I really liked.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traffic - now that was a haunting film for me. See that - I even forgot the subtitles! That's how good it was.

    ReplyDelete