expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday Morning Meme

Hi all, another week is just beginning and it is time for yet another weekly installment of the Monday Morning MeMe!! Karen asks the questions(in blue) and my answers follow(in black)!

1. What was your favorite subject in grade school?
My favorite subject in grade school was Science.

Why did you enjoy this subject so much?
I think I enjoyed it most because it always kept my interest. lol

What was your favorite part about this subject?

I love doing experiments, just to see what will happen next and to discover the way the world works.


2. Tell me about your best friend in grade school. Do you still keep in touch?
Sadly we do not keep in touch anymore. Our mothers are still good friends and have been forever.

If not, why did the friendship dissolve?

We had a falling out when Princess was about six months old and have not talked since. She told my grandfather about some things that were happening in my life that she had no right to disclose to anyone and I was very rude to her about it when I found out. I wish I had not spoken to her that way and had listened more to her about why she did it. Looking back I realize she was only trying to help.


3. Do you remember your first day of school?
Nope I don't remember the very first day I went to school that was way to long ago! lol

If not your very first day, then please tell us about the earliest memory of your first day of school - how did you feel?
I honestly cannot come up with a first day of school memory, but I do know that I always dreaded going back to school. In fact on the night before the first day I almost always had the same nightmare and that did not help things at all!!

Did it take long for you to make new friends? Do you remember anything about the classroom or the teacher?

I was really shy and still am so it always takes me longer to make friends.


4. Let’s jump to middle school. What were your middle school years like?
My middle school years were not the best, but they were not horrible I guess either. I was never popular and I got made fun of quite a bit. I always felt fat, but looking back I realize that I got my "adult" body a bit earlier than most and so that was probably a big cause of the teasing

Did you have a lot of friends?
I would not say that I had a lot of friends. I did have several girlfriends that I hung out with on a regular basis and that was fine with me!

Did you adjust quickly or slowly to the change from grade school?
The adjustment for me from grade school to middle school was not really that big of a deal and happened quite fast. The biggest reason was I went to a small private school for grades k-8 and it was all in the same building with people I had known for a long time. The only thing that really changed was that we started to change rooms for certain classes and we had lockers.

What was your favorite subject in middle school?

My favorite subject in middle school would have to be Science again! lol Same reasons as above!

For more Monday Morning Meme participants click here!