"Give Me Five things about Christmas/Holiday cards: buying them, getting them ready, sending them, receiving them, displaying them, tips for recycling them, getting/sending 'family newsletters', traditions, pictures, etc."
1. Gosh the first thing I guess should be that I am awful about actually giving them out! I did really good there for a long time when the boy was younger and even after I had Princess, but once Spunky came along I kinda stopped sending them. So this year I have decided that I need to start sending them again. I am already behind in sending them out, but I want to take a picture of all of us in front of the tree to send with them soooo it may be another week! lol
Here are the cards I picked out to send this year:
2. I really really enjoy receiving Christmas cards from friends and family! I am like a little kid when it comes to getting mail anyway, but Christmas cards seem even more special too me! We have only gotten one so far this year and here it is, but the rest should arrive soon!
3. We ALWAYS hang the cards on the wall during the holidays as a way to display them. I try to save all the cards we have ever received, but that makes for a lot so here are the ones from last year! lol This is a picture of our cards hanging above our chalk board in the hallway so the kids and I can admire them as we come down the stairs!
4. I would really like to start a tradition in our family of sending a picture of us all in front of the current Christmas tree to send with the Christmas cards! I am going to start doing it this year and I hope to continue it every year. Problem is I do not want us all starched looking(I hate that) and so I am not sure how to dress everyone for the picture. I have not taken the picture for this year yet, but I will this week!! **Crossing my fingers**
5. I am stumped on this last one! lol Hummmmmm I like the idea of recycling them although I am not sure how to go about it. BeccA has a great way of recycling the cards you have already received you can read about it here on her blog I may have to give this idea a try next year! :)
For more Give Me Five Monday participants check out BeccA's Buzz!