expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter eggs

I wanted to wish you all a Happy Easter today! I also wanted to show off the wonderfully decorated Easter eggs the kids and I made last night. We had such a great time even though we made a huge mess! lol Also I found an awesome new hard boiled egg recipe that I used last night I wanted to share.

How to boil the PERFECT hard boiled egg!

Things You’ll Need:
Fire
Eggs
Timer
Water
Saucepan with tight fitted lid


Step 1: Place eggs in the saucepan, it does not matter if it is 2 or 12 eggs, this way works. Just cover them with cold water, not too deep. Do NOT salt the water. Place on burner on HIGH heat.

Step 2: Place on burner on HIGH heat. Once they start to boil turn on the timer to 3 minutes

Step 3: When the timer goes off, quickly take off the heat, put on the lid and reset the timer to 8 minutes.

Step 4: When 8 minutes are up, take to sink and run cold water over them for about a minute, let them soak a bit to cool off. They will peel best if you set them in the refrigerator for about 1/2 to 1 hour, but you can eat them now!

Step 5: Never have green or gray yolks again!

I got this recipe from a post over at ehow.com!