expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Our adventurous dinner.....

For dinner Friday we had Oven Baked Salmon with Long Grain Wild Rice and Corn on the Cob!

This was a first for me when it comes to cooking fish well except for tuna fish, but that comes out of a can! lol I am honestly scared of cooking and eating most fish so the task made me nervous. Funny part is I LOVE Sushi! The Salmon was not hard to make and so I am not as nervous now. Next time I will try to make it a different way and see if we like it better.

Jeremy and the boy LOVED the Salmon, the girls including me not so much. I did not hate it, but I cannot say that I really liked it either. Spunky and Princess hated it though and so I hope it grows on them. I am trying my best to turn over a new leaf and feed us all better. :)

Below is the recipe I followed, I found it on the CD my dad Mike made me for Christmas. :)

Oven Baked Salmon
Ingredients:
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 tablespoons light olive oil
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
4 (6 ounce) Wild Salmon Dinner Fillets

Preparation:
In a medium glass bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, light olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Place salmon fillets in a medium glass baking dish, and cover with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour, turning occasionally.

Preheat oven to 375' and place the fillets in a large glass baking dish sprayed with Pam. Place a bit of butter and the rest of the marinade on top of the fillets and cook until they are a flaky whitish opalescent color.

Honestly the color is what you look for more than time (is what I am told), you do not want to overcook the meat. The thinner it is the faster it will cook, around 10-15mins and the thicker it is will take a bit longer ours took 30-35mins because our steaks were thicker in the middle.

1 comment:

  1. Looks YUMMY! But I'm afraid of fish. lol. Cooking it I mean. I's screw it up royally.

    ReplyDelete