expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Eggs!

It's Easter and that means once again it's time to dye eggs!!! I have to admit finding a different way to dye them each year gets me all excited!! lol My computer took a big dump a few weeks back and I have yet to recover the info from my old hard drive. Soooooo that means I do not have the recipe we used last year to make our eggs look so awesome. :(

No worries though I found the cool recipe below to try and it worked out pretty well. I did not use food coloring though I used the regular color tablets that come in the egg dying kits. Now I will tell you that if you put oil in all the colors you will get marbled eggs the first time and then they will be white with color dots, like the two you see in the picture below. So we decided to use three "base" colors (without oil mixed into the color) that way we could get more color to stick.

Marbled Eggs
In a mug or jar large enough to contain one egg, place 1 Tablespoon of oil, 1 Tablespoon of vinegar and 1 Tablespoon of food coloring. Add enough water to cover egg, stir quickly with a spoon and drop in hard boiled egg. Pull egg out quickly and pat dry with paper towel.

I found this idea at Amazing Moms!