expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday Morning Meme

Hi all, another week is just beginning and it is time for yet another weekly installment of the Monday Morning MeMe!! Karen asks the questions(in blue) and my answers follow(in black)!

1. If a new medicine were developed that would cure cancer but caused a fatal reaction in one percent of those who took it, would you want it to be released to the public?
Wow I am not sure which I would pick..........

Why or why not?
So many things go through my head and I want to say I would not want the drug to be released to the public, but I do not know. I would not want that 1% to die, but if that was the only chance they had at survival who am I to take that chance away from them. I would want to make sure that the patient has all the info possible to make an informed decision because it could mean their life.

Do you think we’re close to curing cancer?
I am not sure to be honest, but I do not think so.

Have you ever lost someone to cancer?
No I have not and I am sorry for anyone that has I cannot imagine.

2. You discover your wonderful one-year-old child is, because of a mix-up at the hospital, not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to try to correct the mistake?
No I do not think that I would want to exchange the child although one cannot really know until put in that situation.

Why or why not?
I do not feel that I would want to exchange the child despite the DNA because I have raised that child as my own. Even if the child did not have my DNA they would imo still be mine. You do not have to have the same DNA as someone to be their parent it is the time and love invested that is the most important thing. That being said I do not know if I was put in that situation if the curiosity would get the best of me or not.

3. Do you think that the world will be a better or a worse place 100 years from now?
I hope that it will be a better place, but I do not think it will be.

Explain your answer, please.
I feel like with issues like recycling, global warming etc we will have no major incentive to do much about these until the it is to late. We did not really do much about alternative fuels until the price of gas went through the roof and even still there is not enough being done IMO! I do not feel like we are doing enough to save the environment that we live in and it will not last forever the way we are abusing it.

4. How many pictures do you have on your living room walls? Twenty Two

And what are they? (paintings, photographs, sketches, abstract, family, etc).
They are mainly pictures of the kids and family, a few paintings and one puzzle!

For more Monday Morning Meme participants click here!