expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mexican Cornbread


This is one of my families favorite recipes! We made it for the first time for Jeremy's birthday last year. This was after he asked me to make something similar that had not turned out so well. Imagine that happening at my house! lol So I was really excited about how well this turned out after that mishap. 

I have doubled the original recipe (link at bottom) and tweaked it to fit my family best. This casserole does come out with a bit of a "wet" consistency, but it is still wonderful imo! Let me know what you think! :)

Ingredients:

1lb ground beef
2 cups cornmeal
2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
2 cups milk
1 onion
2 jalapenos
1 can Rotel
1 can cream style corn
2 cups cheese (divided)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350'. Coat 9x13 glass baking dish with butter or cooking spray. Cook ground beef in skillet until done.

In a large bowl combine the cornmeal, baking soda, salt and stir well. Then add the eggs, milk, onion, jalapenos, rotel, corn and 1 cup of the cheese to the cornmeal mixture. Stir in the ground beef. Pour into the greased 9x13 dish.

Bake approx 1 hour. Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese. Place back in oven to melt cheese. Serve with sour cream or salsa!

Changed up the recipe a bit, but original credit goes to Mom's Mexican Cornbread!


3 comments:

  1. An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a coworker who had been doing a little homework on this.
    And he in fact bought me dinner due to the
    fact that I found it for him... lol. So let me reword this.
    ... Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending the
    time to talk about this subject here on your web site.



    My web blog games unblocked

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete