expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Moving, lice and other creepy crawlies that go bump in the night

This week has been a doozy to say the least!!! Monday we moved into our new "place" and we all know how much chaos moving entails, especially when kids are involved! It was pretty uneventful and we are very happy to be back together as a family!! More to come about that later. I have a whole post ready and waiting..

On to the lice, while I was parting Aubrey's hair to put it up Monday morning I realized that she had a rip roaring case of lice.... Now she had been scratching her head quite a bit for about a week & a half and I honestly thought she was having a case of dry scalp which happens to her sometimes.

I had been checking her head several times throughout the past few weeks and have not seen any evidence of lice until Monday... When I realized what was happening I about freaked out all the while my skin crawled!! We have only had lice one other time WAY back in 2008 so it had been awhile.

I searched through the internet and of course asked my friends on Facebook what they have done to get rid of these nasty little pests!! After reading all the comments etc I decided that we would start with Rid and then move on to Mayo since that seemed to be the best way of treating it. Monday night we treated everyone (even the bald guys) with Rid and it got rid of them for all of us, but poor little Aubrey. They must really like her nice, clean, not oily hair!

Sooooooo last night I doused her head with Mayo, wrapped it in saran wrap and made her stay that way until 10pm (5hrs later), she was NOT a happy camper! lol When she gets home here in a few and before we go visit Jeremy at the hospital. I will go through her hair once again and I am crossing my fingers this did the trick!!!

Oh and we washed and vacuumed the crud out of everything including the car so hopefully we have killed these nasty creepy crawly little creatures!!