expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hawaii

Day 8-A place you've traveled to..

When I was 13 my Grandparents took me to Hawaii. My cousins also got to travel to Hawaii the summer after they turned 13, it was a tradition in our family. I had a blast and got to see some really neat things I would have never gotten to see back in the states plus I got to take my Grandparents to McDonald's for their first time there EVER which I remember thinking was SO cool!

Below are some photos I took while we were there. Sorry about the quality they were taken 21 years ago.... Also remember you can click on any photo to enlarge. :)

When we arrived in Hawaii the volcano Kilauea was erupting and so we were able to see the lava flowing down the streets like in the photo below.
This church was put up on stilts to avoid the lava flow......although I am not sure how that is going to help!
Random picture of a Pineapple plant we saw at the Dole Pineapple farm.
The USS Arizona, we toured the wreckage while we were there.
Our submarine trip! I was soooooo cool, we were able to see all kinds of different types of fish and the Tuna were HUGE!!
The Polynesian Cultural Center, was really pretty neat.
(Click to enlarge any of the photos)